For the students and faculty at Worsham College, becoming a funeral director is more than a career: it is a calling.
At Worsham, we are committed to advancing mortuary science education to meet the needs and expectations of the profession, today and in the future. Our Associate Degree in Mortuary Science programs offer an exceptional opportunity to start your career with an abundance of hands-on experience, comprehensive coursework, and access to our extended alumni network.
We believe in tuition transparency—once a student enrolls their tuition will not increase. A student should know from day one what it will cost to attend and what, if any, out-of-pocket costs they will need to pay.
Our degree programs are recognized in all 50 states. Some states require additional college credits to become licensed, and it varies from state to state. Visit our state licensure page to discover specific requirements for the state you are hoping to work in.
Worsham offers two distinct pathways to obtaining a degree—a traditional campus program or an online program. Each path has been intentionally designed to best meet your needs. With either program, students benefit from high-quality instruction and practical experiences that lay the foundation for their funeral service careers. Whether you join us on campus or online all students will have access to:
Unparalleled Hands-On Experience
At Worsham, we are dedicated to providing students with the best learning experience possible, with the goal of equipping you with all the skills you will need for your first day on the job. Our program includes more opportunities for lab time and hands-on experience than any other program in the nation.
You will encounter a wealth of valuable opportunities for education and professional development, including:
- Over 20 weeks of embalming lessons in the lab at the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office
- Cremation Operator Certificate Program facilitated by CANA (included in the price of tuition)
- Extensive instruction of funeral directing and funeral service laws
- Tour a vault manufacturing facility in the Chicagoland area
- Guidance on funeral rites and services for different religions (e.g., Catholic, Hindu, Jewish, Muslim)
- Participation in a Military Funeral Honors service
All of these incredible hands-on educational opportunities are included in the program at no additional cost to students. Our graduates finish their education with the confidence and connections to apply for jobs around the country.
Our curriculum provides students with training and real-world experience, theories and practical application of concepts, and the ability to learn from a community of practitioners to confidently begin careers. Classes are taught by our dedicated faculty, including many of the most renowned expert embalmers and funeral directors in the country.
- The campus curriculum encompasses 80 credit hours, designed to be finished in just one year
- The online curriculum encompasses 63 credit hours, designed to be finished in sixteen months
- All graduates are prepared with the practical skills and industry know-how required to be successful funeral directors immediately after graduation
Transparent Tuition: One Year, One Price
Our tuition is clear—absolutely no hidden fees or extra costs. Your tuition at Worsham includes:
- all lab and technology fees
- additional trainings
- crematory operator certification fees
- the examination fee for the National Board Exams
This is just a small sample of everything that is included! Please visit our program-specific tuition pages to discover the many benefits of an education at Worsham and learn more about our financial aid options.
Career Placement & Networking
Earning your degree and passing your licensure exam is important, but so is finding your first job. At Worsham College, we have a 92% job placement rate with graduates working within the field of funeral service.
To support our students and graduates, we have career resources and our own job board available. Our alumni network of funeral service professionals stretches across all 50 states, offering students the opportunity to network and find open positions in any state they choose.