What is Exit Counseling?
Exit counseling provides important information you need to prepare to repay your federal student loan(s). If you have received a subsidized, unsubsidized, or PLUS loan under the Direct Loan Program, you must complete exit counseling each time you:
- graduate; or
- leave school.
At the end of the exit counseling session, you will be asked for information that will be included as part of your loan records. You must provide names, addresses, e-mail addresses and phone numbers for:
- your next of kin; and
- two (2) references who live in the U.S.
To complete exit counseling, you will need the following:
- Approximately 20-30 minutes to complete
- Your FSA ID*
- Details on your future income, financial aid, and living expenses (if known)
- Name(s) of the school(s) you wish to notify of exit counseling completion
*Students must log in using their own FSA ID to complete Exit Counseling. Use of another person’s FSA ID constitutes fraud. Use only your own FSA ID information.
Successful completion of Exit Counseling is required for graduation. Worsham students have two ways to complete exit counseling:
- Log in to StudentAid.gov using your FSA ID and select Complete Exit Counseling.
- Contact Worsham to make an appointment for a 1-on-1 Exit Counseling session with your Financial Aid Officer.