Applying for Aid
Steps you need to complete to apply for financial aid:
- Obtain your FSA ID and a separate one for a parent to e-sign the FAFSA.
- Apply online at https://fafsa.ed.gov.
- Once your data has been submitted, the Department of Education will forward the information electronically to all schools you authorize to receive your information.
- You will receive an email from the Department of Education containing a link to your processed FAFSA (AKA the Student Aid Report).
- If you completed your FAFSA with estimated income, return to https://fafsa.ed.gov, to update your FAFSA with actual tax data using the IRS data retrieval tool (DRT).
Applying by the deadline ensures that you will be considered for all forms of federal aid. Late applications are subject to the availability of funds. If you are a returning student, you will receive an email from the U.S. Department of Education reminding you to complete a renewal FAFSA.
How to Create Your FSA ID
Completing the FAFSA
If you have any questions, contact Worsham Financial Aid at 847-282-0455.